Read these letters of recommendation from people we have moved in Somerset:
Welcome to Weston & Edwards - Furniture Removal Somerset
The Weston & Edwards Somerset Removal branch provides local, somerset removals, national and international moving, shipping, container storage, self-storage and all other moving and storing services for domestic removals, relocations and office moving in Somerset. We offer a free moving or storage quotation, either with an estimator's visit or a quote can be obtained online.
The Weston & Edwards group boasts professionally trained and experienced staff, fully equipped removal lorries for local and national moves. We also offer container storage in our modern, insulated warehouse including self-store storage.
The Weston & Edwards Removals Group is the prime of removal companies in Somerset. We are a truly family run business started in Somerset in 1979 by Matt and Sue Weston. Sons, Sam & George manage the Frome branch and Sue, with daughter Megan, is in charge of administration.
The Weston and Edwards group are members of the British Association of Removers. This means we abide by the Code of Practice, as approved by The Office of Fair Trading, our staff are trained in all aspects of moving and insurance cover comes as standard.
If you are looking for a Somerset mover please contact us by telephone or use the online removal quotation service.
As well as removals in Somerset, we can handle your household move to anywhere in the UK or overseas.
Part-loads can easily be accommodated, within the UK or abroad.
House Removals Somerset
The majority of our staff have been with us for many years. Every man has undergone a specialist removals training course. Their knowledge and expertise ensure that your home contents are taken care of and moved correctly, including specialist goods like grand pianos, grandfather clocks, chandeliers, barometers etc.
We are a well established, family company, so you can be assured of a friendly and personal service.
We can also quote for all those 'niggly' jobs - dismantling and re-assembling furniture, disconnecting (and re-connecting) appliances, emptying the loft, removing sash windows, etc, etc.
All, but the largest moves are accommodated with one vehicle. Our expert planning and estimating ensure a smooth and efficient move, to suit your requirements.
All lorries carry over one hundred protective blankets, to cover your furniture and prevent scratching, ample ties to secure items, a piano trolley (moving a piano is made to look easy), sack-trucks for heavy or awkward items, suite covers, flat-screen TV covers, mattress bags and carpet protectors to prevent excessive soiling.
Removals Packing Somerset
Generally, there are three main choices for packing:
- You can pack everything yourselves.
- We can pack everything.
- We can just pack your breakables and you pack the remainder.
Whatever you require, the choice is yours!
If you choose to pack the smalls and breakables yourself, we can supply all the boxes and packing materials that you will need. These can be delivered well in advance of your move to give you plenty of time and not have a last minute rush. The cartons are flat and do not take up much room until you need them. They simply need to be taped, with the tape supplied. All cartons can be kept by you and returned or collected by us only when you have finished unpacking and it doesn't matter how long you take.
We offer a full range of packing services and export packing, using cartons, bubble wrap, cardboard wardrobe cartons, boxes of various sizes and all packaging materials. All of which can be supplied for self packing if required.
Removals and storage Somerset
The removal lorry, with the containers on board, arrives at your home. All items are wrapped in special removal blankets, to prevent damage and are packed into the containers. The containers are then closed, before leaving your home and remain closed until delivery to your new address.
The full containers are loaded and unloaded, at our warehouse, by fork lift truck - a smooth transition from van to warehouse. Manhandling of your goods is halved, when compared to 'loose' storage, thus considerably reducing the risk of damage.
Somerset container storage
All goods are stored in containers in our modern, insulated warehouse. This is a detached building, fully alarmed, surrounded by an 8' high security fence and floodlit at night.
Our 'All Risks' policy, whilst your goods are in storage, includes fire insurance. Some companies will quote separately for this.
So, if you are looking for storage in Somerset please call for friendly, helpful service.
Commercial removal in Somerset
Our specialist business moves section handle commercial and corporate relocation. Archive storage is available at all of our warehouses.
Wherever you are moving Somerset & beyond - contact Weston & Edwards - Movers in Somerset
Contact Details for the Weston and Edwards Group:
Weston and Edwards Removals:
BRIDGWATER 01278 425508
TAUNTON 01823 324004
MINEHEAD 01643 703048
YEOVIL 01935 822237
We cover: Bridgwater, Burnham on Sea, Castle Cary, Glastonbury, Highbridge, Ilminster, Martock, Minehead, Sherborne, Taunton, Wellington, Wells, Yeovil and everywhere in-between.
FROME 01373 334580
TROWBRIDGE 01225 766159
BATH 01225 904435
We cover: Amesbury, Bath, Bruton, Calne, Chippenham, Devizes, Frome, Marlborough, Melksham, Radstock, Salisbury, Shaftesbury, Shepton Mallet, Trowbridge, Warminster, Westbury and everywhere in-between.
North Somerset Removals:
WESTON SUPER MARE 01934 417444
BRISTOL 01173 601010
COLCHESTER 01206 571971
CHELMSFORD 01245 493912
CLACTON ON SEA 01255 476797
We cover: Braintree, Chelmsford, Clacton on Sea, Colchester, Dunmow, Harwich, Maldon, Tiptree, Witham and everywhere in-between.
WICKFORD 01268 573232
SOUTHEND 01702 480120
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS 01245 322218
We cover: Basildon, Billericay, Brentwood, Canvey Island, Chelmsford, South Woodham Ferrers, Southend on Sea, Wickford and everywhere in-between.
IPSWICH 01473 225797
FELIXSTOWE 01394 654495
STOWMARKET 01449 684065
We cover: Bury St Edmunds, Felixstowe, Ipswich, Stowmarket, Sudbury and everywhere in-between.
Top tips when moving house...
1. Get a quotation well in advance. Either complete our quotation form or make an appointment with our removals estimator. Proper planning ensures a smooth and trouble-free move.
2. If you have time, get rid of all your unwanted items and rubbish in advance - it's lovely to move into a new home, without unwanted clutter.
3. Doing your own packing? Anything that will fit into a box should be packed. Other loose items, garden tools for instance, can be taped together. Don't overfill the boxes. It's best to use our cartons as they are tailor-made for the job.
4. Items can be left in drawers if they're not too heavy, and if the drawers are removable (Our chaps can take the drawers out, put the carcass in the truck and replace the drawers to cut down the amount of packing that you have to do)
5. Freezers can usually stay full. Perhaps put the food in bags/baskets, so that if we struggle, we can take the food out prior to loading, and put back in for transit. We are often able to plug in the freezer on an overnight move.
6. Keep all keys (filing cabinets, safe, wardrobes) together in a safe place.
7. Self-assembly furniture is best dismantled before moving.
8. Prepare a survival pack for the things you will need on moving day - toys, kettle, passports and for the first day in your new home ie: bedding. Keep this separately and make sure the removal men know.
9. Let your mover know beforehand if you haven't managed to get your packing done, got rid of stuff or anything else you haven't asked for in your removal quote. That gives us time to make the necessary arrangements.
10. Make sure your removal company is aware of any access difficulties at either property.
11. People to notify of your change of address: Doctors, dentists, banks, Gas, Electricity, Royal Mail, phone company, D.V.L.A (Driving licence), Friends and relatives!
12. Check that we are available before you commit to a moving date.